Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions are for clients of Friel-Russell Clinical Services Ltd trading as Positive Pet Training. Regarding our dog training classes, 1-2-1 training and behaviour consults. They are in the interest of safety, responsibility and welfare of our clients. We reserve the right to change these terms and condition at any time and any changes will take immediate effect. It is the responsibility of clients to read and keep up dated with the latest terms and conditions.
We request all clients to complete our registration form in order to process bookings.
Group Dog Training Classes
- Booking – we require a £30 non-refundable deposit to secure your spot on a course. Full payment to be made in advance of the first class. Bank transfer, Paypal purchase from our website or cheque/cash on the first class is acceptable. Once the course is started no refund is available, as your place can no longer be filled.
- We will give you written confirmation of booking via email if you provide us with one. Including start time and dates of each class.
- Our group dog training classes are not roll-on-roll-off. You are booking for six set sessions of group training and we hope that you can attend all of the classes in the course. We understand this is sometimes not possible (due to your personal commitments, or illness). You will receive notes for the missed week but no partial refund will be issued. Where possible we will try to accommodate e.g. you attend (without your dog) on the missed week for another course so you can understand the exercises.
- Number of people coming to classes – we encourage as many members of the family to attend training as possible. The more members on board with training the faster your dog will learn.
- Children are welcome but are the responsibility of the adult they are with. If they are disruptive to class or any of the dogs are finding them too difficult we may have to ask them to leave the class. For this reason, we recommend at least two adults attending if bringing young children along.
- Classes are for dogs wishing to progress in general training. You must not knowingly book a dog who is reactive to dogs or people onto group training. If you have any questions over class suitability for your dog please talk to us. We can advise or do an assessment prior to class.
- Positive off lead interactions can be a fantastic learning experience for dogs. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee a suitable mix in each class for this to always be possible.
- You and your dog must comply with conditions below regarding the dog training academy.
- Bookings for 1-2-1 sessions will be confirmed via email, if given, and full payment must be taken on the first appointment.
- If purchasing a bulk session of four hours to receive discount the booking must be made prior to the first session. Sessions cannot later be extended following the first appointment to gain discount on the first. A bulk purchase may be made at any point.
- Travel costs apply to each appointment where we travel to meet you. Personalised quote can be obtained by contacting us.
- Training can be at our Academy, which incurs no travel costs but you and your dog must follow the conditions set out below regarding the dog training academy.
- Cancellations – if you need to cancel a session we can rearrange this to a suitable time given 48 hours notice. Less than 48 hours notice to delay a session and you may still be charged for the appointment, Positive Pet Training may consider true emergencies on a 1-2-1 basis and reschedule without charge.
- Booking – Behaviour consultations are only available on veterinary referral. You can discuss this with Katie when arranging the booking but your vet must refer you, including full medical history. This is important to rule out medical components for behaviour and to ensure your vet is informed of treatment being offered.
- A £50 non-refundable deposit is required to secure your booking and full payment is required on the day.
- If claiming through pet insurance full payment of your excess is required on the day of the consultation. We reserve the right to refuse to do a direct claim depending on your individual insurance company. If your insurance company does not pay the remaining balance of the consult you are liable for the remaining cost.
- If the consult runs over the allotted 3 hours training each additional hour started will be charged at £60.
- Ongoing support includes email support for 12months following the consult and 3 x 15 minute phone calls to discuss your case. Further support can purchased be via rehab training at £60/hr + travel. In an emergency emails will be responded to within 24 hours but others may take longer depending on caseload.
- Booking – As seminars often book to capacity we can only secure your spot once full payment has been received (via BACs payment or PayPal through our website).
- You will receive an email confirmation including date and time of the seminar, if you provide us with a valid email address.
Intellectual property rights
All written, photographic and video material, website, and logo are the sole property of Positive Pet Training and are not to be distributed without prior, written permission. They are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights and legislation. In accessing our materials, including our website, you agree that you are using them for your personal, non-commercial use.
- We will not take responsibility for misinterpretation of advice. Many external factors influence behaviours and we cannot guarantee our training advice will be successful without controlling all of these other factors.
- For behavioural problems a behaviour consultation is recommended to work to alter dangerous and stressful behaviours. Animal aggression can cause injury, including fatalities. Treatment for aggression is not a guarantee of success and modifying behaviour does not assure the aggression will be successfully controlled. It is your responsibility to ensure safety of people and other animals with regards to your pet. Safety precautions will be advised and may include; limited access to people/animals, being kept on lead, wearing a muzzle and use of gates around the home. We cannot take responsibility for behaviour of your dog outside of training sessions with us.
- We strongly recommend all dog guardians have pet insurance including third party liability cover.
All client details are kept in confidence and not passed onto a third party for promotional use. Email addresses are used to inform clients of services and activities as well as current bookings and notes. If you would no longer like to receive emails from Positive Pet Training please let us know.
Dog Training Academy
- All dogs attending the academy must have shown proof of vaccination (if you have any questions over this please contact our vet Katie). This is for the safety of your dog as well as everyone else’s.
- Any dog faeces passed at the academy are the responsibility of their guardian to pick and take home with them.
- Dogs may never be left alone in cars whilst at the academy and we do not facilitate a second dog attending with you for group classes. Two spaces on a course may be booked and handled by separate people but it is not appropriate to bring two dogs with you and only work one of them.
- At all times dogs should be kept on lead and away from contact with other people and dogs whilst on the premises unless explicitly told otherwise. If your dog or another dog is reacting (barking, pulling on the lead or trying to move away) then please increase the distance between yourself and the other dog.
- The car park is a private car park but we cannot take any responsibility for damage or loss whilst parked on our property.
Illness and injury
- Bitches currently in heat, if actively in heat (bleeding), are not allowed to attend the training academy. It is unfair and distracting on other dogs. She will also be less likely to cope with training during this period.
- This also goes for sick or injured dogs, including dogs who have been in contact with infectious diseases including Kennel Cough and Parvovirus.
- If you are unsure if your dog should attend please talk to your vet or our vet Katie.
- We can rearrange any 1-2-1 training but your dog may unfortunately miss classes due to this. You can still attend without your dog to maintain continuity of training.
- During training we may take photographs or videos of dogs learning and family members may be captured in these photos. These are to be used in both educational and promotional materials. By agreeing to our terms and conditions you give consent for Positive Pet Training to use these materials as stated above including on social media and on our website.
- We will not use photos with children in unless agreed with their parents/guardians.
Delay of session
We reserve the right to cancel training sessions (group classes, 1-2-1 training, seminars and behaviour consults) at our discretion. It is infrequent but if Positive Pet Training need to reschedule a session, such as in an emergency or due to adverse weather conditions including extreme heat, you will be offered a replacement date. This will be a dat suitable to you for 1-2-1 training and behaviour consults. For group classes a replacement date will be discussed. Up to two replacement sessions will be offered to accommodate all clients.
- Only force-free, science based methods will be used during training.
- No aversive training methods will be allowed including, but not limited to, the use of;
- choke chains
- half chokes
- electric collars
- spray collars
- slip leads
- tightening harnesses
- head collars
- prong collars
- pet correctors.
- Therefore any other method which causes pain or fear, or any item the trainer deems inappropriate are not allowed. If you do not comply we reserve the right to stop training without refund.
- We also strongly recommend you do not use these methods away from training with us.
Dog training tools and toys
- All stock we sell conforms with our force-free ethos. We are happy to discuss how to use different training tools and toys that we sell.
- Once opened, in the interest of safety and disease control, items cannot be returned and refunded.
- No toys are indestructible and we cannot guarantee that dogs will not destroy toys. We always recommend that dogs are supervised when using toys.
Positive Pet Training Dog Food
- Our dog food is PETA approved and has a minimum of 42% meat content.
- It can contain allergens including meat, please discuss with us if your dog has any food allergies or intolerances.
- If food packages have been opened they cannot be returned and refunded.