As it was Cornelius’s second birthday recently we thought we’d do a batch of Pyramid Pan Treats to celebrate with him! These are super easy to make so we wanted to share it with all of you to make for your hounds too!
Our recipe below did FOUR Pyramid Pans of treats – which filled a big box of treats which we can use in training for the whole week. The good news is you can cut down the values to do a smaller batch, or still do a bit batch and freeze bags for use later.
Things that you need;
- 1kg meat (liver, lung, tuna, beef, heart)
- 150g gluten free flour (if you feed grain you can use plain flour)
- 3 eggs
- Pyramid Pan(s)
- Blender/food processor
- +/- Mixing bowl
Pyramid Pans can be found online and are silicone non-stick baking mats you can use for cooking and are made up of lots of little pyramids – great little holes to cook treats in! The reason we use these trays are because once you empty out a tray you’ve got a whole heap of treats ready made in a small bite size shape for your dog!
1. Blend the meat together in to a paste (depending on your blender you might need to chop it up a bit first – a sharp knife or scissors do the trick!)
2. This doesn’t look super appetising to people but we it on good authority that it smells great!
3. Add the eggs and blend (either in the blender or in the mixing bowl)
4. Pour and mix the flour into the paste
5. Spread the paste over the UPSIDE down pans
6. Bake for 8 – 10 minutes at 160 degrees Fan oven
It’s a long time to wait for Cornelius!
7. Pop out the treats
8. Freeze as necessary
9. Let the dogs enjoy!
10. Make another batch in another flavour!!